This feature allows you and your users to upload your files directly to Google Drive from your Formidable Forms upload field.
Step-1: Installing Integrate Google Drive Plugin
Go to WordPress Plugins > Add New > Search Integrate Google Drive > Install & Activate the plugin.
Step-2: Add Google Account
Click Google Drive > Settings > Add Account > Click Google Account You want to Add > Allow necessary permissions.
Step-3: Enabling Formidable Forms Integration
Go to Integrate Google Drive Plugin Dashboard > Settings > Integrations > Formidable Forms > click Save Changes from the top right side of the settings page.
Step-4: Configuring Formidable Forms
Now click on Formidable Forms from the left sidebar > edit the existing contact form or create a new one > from the add fields tab click on the Google Drive button. An uploading field will be created below your form.
Step-5: Select Google Drive Folder
Now select a Google Drive folder where you want users to store their uploaded files. From the Source Tab, select a Google Drive folder where you want users to store their uploaded files. You have more options to customize depending on your needs and expectations.
User Private Folder
Use Private Folder: Turn ON to use the private files and folders linked to the current user. This will allow you to link specific private folders with specific users. Once enabled you will discover an option called Create Private Folder.
- Create Private Folder: Turn ON to create and link a folder automatically to the user who has not linked any folder yet while the user views the module. Once enabled you will discover the Naming template, Parent Folder, and Template Folder.
- Naming template: Set the folder name template for the automatically created private folders. Ex: %user_login% reflects as user name used to create the account, %user_email% reflects the email used to create the account.
- Parent Folder: Select the parent folder where the automatically created private folders will be created.
- Template Folder: Select the template folder that will be copied to the new private folder.
Form Entry Folders
Create Entry Folders: Once enabled folder for each form entry will be created.
Name template: Set the form entry folder name template. There are some available template tags for you. Just click your necessary tag to insert. You can also use the form field names to rename the upload folder with the form field values.
For example: %entry_id% reflects as entry identity number which is unique each time, %form_id% reflects as the form identity number.
Merge Folders: Allow merging folders if a folder with the same name already exists, and upload files into that existing folder instead of creating a new one.
From Filter Tab, you can show/ hide any files or folders by including/ excluding their extensions and names.
- Allowed Extensions: Enter comma (,) separated file extensions to allow, such as “jpg, png, gif”. Leave empty to upload all extension files. When “Allow all” is enabled, exceptions will not be uploaded.
- Max File Uploads: Enter the max number of files to upload at once. Leave empty for no limit.
- Min File Uploads: Enter the minimum number of files to upload. Leave empty for no limit.
- Max File Size (MB): Enter the maximum upload file size (MB).
- Min File Size (MB): Enter the minimum upload file size (MB).
From Advanced Tab, you can customize module width and height, upload label text, and maximum/ minimum file sizes, and enable folder upload.
- Module Container: Set the module container width and height. You can use any valid CSS unit (pixels, percentage), eg ‘360px’, ‘780px’, ‘80%’. Keep blank for the default value.
- Enable Folder Upload: Allow users to upload folders. A folder upload button will be added.
- Show Upload Label Text: Show/ hide the uploader label text.
- File Rename: Rename the uploaded file by adding a suffix or prefix. You can use the available tags to rename the file.
From the Notifications Tab, you can control notification-related settings. Ex: Email Notification of user actions.
- Enable Notifications: Enable email notifications to get notified on various user activities (upload, download, delete, etc).
- Upload Notification: Receive email notifications whenever someone uploaded files through this module.
- Notification Recipients: Enter the email address where the notifications will be sent. Add multiple email addresses by separating them with a comma (,). You can also set the below placeholder tags as email recipients.
- %admin_email% – The email of the site admin.
- %user_email% – The email of the current user who executes the action.
- %linked_user_email% – The email of the owner of the private folder.
- Skip Current User Notification: Enable to skip the notification for the user that executes the action.
Click Done. Now embed the form on any of your pages or post. Your users will now be able to upload specific files.